During the winter storms of 2013/14 very many UK homes were without power for several days. Those home owners whose houses were heated with gas or oil central heating soon found out that they too were left in the cold for the simple reason that such heating systems rely on a mains powered pump to operate.
A domestic gas or oil boiler requires just 60-80 watts of electricity an hour to keep running during power cuts. The Boiler UPS 500 watt device is wired into your boiler mains power supply and a 100 Ah battery. The existing power supply to the boiler pump/diverter valve and programmer is re connected to the 500 watt UPS device on the AC side, with the battery terminals connected to the 12 volt DC side. The UPS device will switch from the mains AC to DC/AC within a second once the device recognises the mains power supply has been cut off.
For more information on UPS matters visit our UPS FAQs page.
Don't let this happen to you. You can have this boiler back up system for under £400.
To order this fantastic product .........
Why not go further and purchase some of our Intelligent Light Bulbs. When power cuts do take place (as they surely will) you will also have around 3 hours of emergency lighting.
These can be ordered from .............
- Weight of the 500 watt Inverter/charger is 1.73 kg
- Pure sine wave (THD<3%)
- Efficiency up to 92%
- Input battery voltage: 12V/24V/48V/
- Mains Voltage input: 180V-240V
- Output voltage: 220V/240V @ 50Hz
- Dimension:310 x 120 x 52 mm
- Charging Voltage: 14.6-29.2V
- Overload protection throughout with auto shutdown after 5 seconds
- Battery Type: open and sealed lead acid.
- USB port: 5 V -500mA
- LED indicator light: (Green LED for power on, Red LED for fault status)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C - 40°C
- Unit mains connection is hard wired to conform to all UK regulations
- Certificates: CE, FCC and RoHs approved
- This product comes with a two year manufacturer's guarantee
Minimum UPS Configuration
Each inverter/charger is supplied with an inline fuse, battery terminals and one metre of battery cable.
The battery should be a sealed lead-acid one with a minimum size of 100 mA. This should be able to run a boiler pump for around 12 hours.